Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Arriving at the MTC


Its crazy here!  It is awesome!!!  They literally give you NO TIME to think about what happened yesterday.  From the second I open that car door I was taken here, given this and that.  The next thing I know, I somehow have a nametag on and am sitting in a classroom full of mostly native Spanish speakers being asked to just talk about any and everything in a language I have tried to forget over the past 8 years.  Crraaazy!!

My companions and I sat down at dinner after everything and looked at each other.  Then, we just cracked up!  We had no idea how to eat!  Do we pray?  I needed to get more water... do these two other girls really need to come with me?  Hum, we want different food... do we have to wait in the same line?  We were just a little confused.  It is all good.  I slept like a baby that first night.  I was so exhausted.


Coming to the MTC was probably one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life...actually coming in.  I longed so much for my life in Provo.  All I wanted to do was go to BYU when I arrived in Provo.  I guarantee the only reason I am here is because of His spirit.  Since coming, I have been strengthened.  It is incredible.  I am not sad which is insane.  Actually, I had a great experience singing "We'll Bring the World His Truth".  They changed the words.  We sang:  "and we are now the Lord's missionaries to bring the world His truth."  It totally filled me right then that I am a representative of Him and I am bringing them the most important message they could hear.  AMAZING!!

I am hungry and tired and it is only day two.  But I am so blessed because of my covenants, setting apart and your prayers.  Thank you!  I love you all!  Keep the faith!

Hermana Pickett

p.s. Its 50/50 Elders & Sisters--last week was a first for that
p.p.s. Uncle Wynn and Aunt Joyce (pictured above) were angels yesterday to welcome me.  I cried.
p.p.p.s  It is soooooo cold here and my clothes have already ripped. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment