Monday, February 11, 2013

When Is the Correct "Year" Important?


Hola from Phoenix!

Well, I’m not even going to try and hide it and say that all is well.  A mission is so hard.  This area has been so insanely deprived of hope and enthusiasm for the work.  Everything we've done and everyone we've seen are all so pessimistic.  There were no progressing investigators and only one follow up appointment to try.  That was it.  Yeah.... it was a desert land for preaching the Gospel.  I’ve decided God sent ME here for that reason.   Anyway, please pray for me.  I feel very alone.  (I’m crying in a public library....what’s wrong with me?!!!)

Alright, now that I have sufficiently scared you by telling you how hard it is right now, I want you to know I am excited that it will get better.  I have faith that it will. Yesterday in church I was overwhelmed with the Spirit.  I felt God had His arms around me saying: "My daughter, I'm here.  Now, I need you to keep going".  I truly believe this is where I need to be.  We now have some more appointments for potential investigators.  Hopefully things will pick up.  I look forward to that day when I can be tired at the end of the day because I barely had time to breathe.  There is too much time to breathe right now... haha.

Also... why is EVERY VERB in Spanish reflexive?! What the heck?! Can’t you do anything without doing it to yourself?  It is so confusing... And I can’t tell you how many times I have said “ano” instead of “año”.  Doesn’t that mean a**hole?! Yeah... I should fix that before all the members hate me.  (The word for “year” in Portuguese is “ano”.  In Spanish, it is “año”.)

Lastly, I love studying the scriptures and bearing testimony of Jesus Christ.  I have had some extremely powerful experiences with both.  Two of those moments have come right after choosing not to be frustrated.  It was amazing!  I didn’t know I could be an instrument like that.  It was cool to see the change in their eyes.  It is inspiring to realize that I have been given the gift to testify of Him who sent me.  I have the great opportunity right now to see and experience so many small miracles.  It’s a blessing.

I love you all! que se vaya bien!

Hermana Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment