Monday, July 22, 2013

I refrained!

After a crazy p-day morning we are finally at the library for emailing! I hope everyone's week has been good. Ours has been pretty crazy.  We have had super stormy skies all week but nothing ever happens.  Actually, it poured yesterday for like 60 seconds.  We all ran outside the church building to stand in the rain.   It felt sooo good!  This is the first time it has rained on my mission.

Because we see the "Work of Salvation" fireside at many of our exchanges, I have now seen it three times.  It’s really good and with the repetition, I am noticing all of the parts that are just, well... funny.  We had a fireside for our ward to better implement the ideas presented in the fireside.  It was THE BEST.  We taught the doctrine of Christ and how we all took the name of Christ upon us in our baptismal covenant.  That led into a discussion on our different roles.  The difference is we represent the Savior by teaching others as he would and members are to love listen and serve others as the Savior would.  Then we practice taught.  We used movie clips from the “Work of Salvation” fireside and Preach My Gospel DVDs.   It was so good!!   The bishop might let us continue to train the members like this.  We don’t know.  We asked him and he said it would depend on how things went last night.  So... hopefully!  Afterward our whole district just broke down.  We were laughing sooo hard. I’m not sure I’ve ever laughed that hard on my mission.  (Actually, there was the time when we were all in the library during third hour one Sunday.  It’s getting progressively harder to sit through all of church..)

One day this week Hermana Baumgartner and I were sitting in our district meeting and she looked at me and said 'Oh no."   I said, "What?"  Then she said, "Look at us.  We are matching."  It was true.  We were both wearing floral pink skirts!  That was a rough day.

This week we had a really cool experience with Sergio.  I have never wanted to give a guy a hug so badly while on my mission.  I refrained!   We were present when he received a blessing.  He returns to Phoenix from Mexico today.  (Why is everyone always in Mexico?)  His baptism is still set for the 11th.  We have A LOT to teach him by then.   Please pray for him!

This week I was reading in Heleman 5.  It was a crazy realizing exactly what that scripture meant to me a year ago when I was at EFY in Kansas.  I had used it to help a specific group of girls.  I wonder what they are doing now.  It was cool to re-read it now and see something different because I am reading for different people.  Good times.

Next week I will be at and in the temple two days in a row!! On Thursday we have permission to go do a session and on Friday we are taking the Barron's to do baptisms for the dead. 

Well, I think that is it.  That pretty much describes the work here.  I love the clouds.  They are amazing.  Every night we have a lightning show without thunder or rain.  I am not sure how that works.  But it’s good to be doing the work, His work.  Everyone needs to feel His love.

Hermana Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment