Monday, August 12, 2013

Hola!


Well... I’m staying!!! I’m so excited!! I am sad that Hermana Walker is leaving but really excited that I get to stay. We were joking this morning how this might be a rough transfer because President Taylor calls us, Hermana Bamgardner and I, Boom 1 and Boom 2.  Without the sweet Hermana Walker to keep us grounded, we will see what happens.  We have so much work to do with Sergio who will be baptized this week and with Martin who will be baptized hopefully next week. 

Thanks for all of the positive technological responses!  My Facebook is finally clean! Wohoo!! We have been proselyting all week on it.  We have already had some amazing experiences.  This is how you can help:  like and comment on things on my wall, share it with friends, post things on my wall, get your friends to do the same. 

We had a really powerful Thursday night.   I had eaten a dinner that did not agree with me.  After, I had one of the most powerful baptismal invites I’ve ever been a part of.  I had this overwhelming confirmation that this individual needed baptism and could be ready by that date extended.  It was such a blessing to feel my setting-a-part "working" as I felt love for him, that God wants him to accept the opportunity to be healed by His Atonement.  Then in our next lesson I had to run to the bathroom.  I was in there for a while with a trash can in front of me.  To say the least, I had some cleanup to do in the bathroom.  Afterwards, I came back out and joined my companions to finish the lesson.  It was... great. Then, we went to teach Sergio.  Surprise!! Sergio brought his girlfriend and daughter back here with him! So... we are working on a marriage or just keeping the law of chastity.  Still, he should be good to be baptized this weekend! Crazy!!

So... physical wise, it was not a great week.  I haven’t felt great and then there was the food poisoning.   But all in all, it’s great! Teaching outside in 111 degrees wipes us out but it’s all worth it when people get it.

I’ll close with something I learned this week.  When we refuse to repent, we are asking to be comfortable in our sins.  When we repent, we are setting ourselves up to be comfortable in the presence of God.  Our happiness in our eternal life can be surer if we decide to repent here and make ourselves nice and comfy for eternity.  Think about that tonight when you get to snuggle up in your pajamas and sleep!  Come to think of it, there are lots of times I don’t remember ending my prayers... well I’m off to do some more!

Hermana Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment