Monday, September 16, 2013

Bandit for a Day, Bam!

Sergio and Evelyn were confirmed and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday!! Wahoo!! They are already talking about which temple they want to be sealed.   I AM GOING to it no matter what next year.  Even if I have to cross the border and go to Tijuana. Last year, the church broke ground for the Tijuana Temple.

So, I heard BYU beat UT, WHAT? That’s crazy! I remember watching the two teams play at BYU my junior year in high school.  I was so excited to see it this year, at home.  I was recalling all of that the other morning in the shower.  Literally the next day, it popped up on my Facebook that BYU won.  That’s all I know because I tried to get away from it as fast as possible. (There is no time for college sports on a mission.) So, any details worth knowing would be greatly appreciated.  My teams!

I have a new favorite subway sandwich.  I am giving you the recipe.  You should all go try it.  You start with any sort of normal meat on 9 grain honey oat bread, your choice of cheese, and then you have it toasted.  Next is spinach, cucumbers, jalapenos, tomatoes, and southwest chipotle sauce.  IT IS SOOO GOOD.  It’s my new favorite.  How I came to try it?  Let me tell you.

It was Tuesday…. bandit day.  We were doing exchanges we had set up with other Sister Training Leaders.   The careful plans had a few snags.  In the end, it was me and Hermana Baumgartner on bikes in agua fria (cold water).  So, we stuffed our backpacks with Book’s of Mormon and pamphlets. We had a Spanish back pack and an English one.  It was a crazy day.  We were finding all day, no phone, no set appointments, no map, and no food.  Yeah, we were bandit missionaries.   We had 3.5 hours not on a bike.  Two of those hours were spent weeding as in squatting.   We were starving and had literally been biking all day.  It was nuts but it was so good.  We made it fun!

Alright, I love the book of Mormon that is in the Book of Mormon! It is so good!  The last four chapters in Mormon are so good!  You should all go read them.  If you were about to die along with the rest of your people, what would you say?  Chapter 7.  Bam!  That’s it.  If you want to know what the Book of Mormon is about, or if you are wondering if it is true, or if you want to know what Mormons believe?  Chapters 8 and 9! Bam!  It’s the best! I LOVE Mormon! (Technically, I LOVE Moroni as well!)

P-days tend to be stressful.  Everyone gets a little grumpy.  So, I am going to go so we can... make tres leches cake today.  The lady that lives next to us wants to teach us to make tres leches.  Yumm, I love tres leches.  Well, when it’s a good tres leches.

Hermana Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment