Monday, October 14, 2013

iPad and Panza

It’s been 9 months since I left on my mission! Crazy!  Speaking of scheduling, I want to tell you all that we have schedule changes during the next month.  For the record, I think it’s because we get iPads.  That means that I will have two Tuesday p-days in a row.  So, don’t let it throw you off when I don’t write on Monday for two weeks
.
We went to the dentist this morning for Hermana Dayton so I don’t have a lot of time left to be on the computer.  This week I have been more tired than I have ever felt on my mission.  It’s amazing how much you are expected to do even when on overdrive. 

We have a new investigator. Her name is Christi and she is nine.  It has been really fun to teach her.  We get to really teach simply and make it really fun.  We have had some really creative lessons that have been really fun to teach.

On exchanges this week, I met a Southern Baptist Church security guy.  He did not recognize the full name of the church so I asked him if he had heard of Mormons.  He said, "Please Honey, a Southern Baptist who hasn’t heard of a Mormon!"  Then he gave me a HUGE hug.   I haven’t had a hug like that from a man in a really long time.

I got to go back with Hermana Dayton to a baptism of someone we taught in Agua Fria this weekend. They have been waiting 13 years to be baptized.  It was such about a special experience to be there.  It was also good to see members who were really excited to see me!  It seems like I didn’t do a lot there during those 6 weeks.  Still, it was nice to be reminded that I had done enough that they remembered me.

Last story for the week, I ate panza.  I don’t have time to tell the full story.  It was the hardest thing I have EVER had to eat.  My heart was racing.  I had to say many a prayers as I continued to shove it down my throat.  It smelled and looked like rotten, slimy, chewy, long threaded carpet rolled into a tube.  Then, the idea that I was digesting a digestive system was not good.  I have made it so long without eating menudo because I would tell members not to make it for us.  Then, we got hit with even worse than menudo! Anyway long story short, I am glad it is over.

To end with a spiritual thought, I connected the dots this week in my study of faith combined with our district focus of "revelation through prayer".  It states specifically in the scriptures that miracles are a confirmation of a person’s faith  and that we must pray in faith.  As we pray in faith, we are exercising our faith.  As we receive the promised answers, we are actually receiving the confirmation to our faith, or in other words miracles.  So... we are promised miracles as we pray.  There was a lot more to that thought but that is what I really wanted to share.  I love prayer.  What a blessing to be able to go to the source of truth and peace…personally.  Love you all!

Hermana Pickett

PS  Look at the pictures to see who I had dinner with this last week…my first companion.  It was crazy!  I felt like I had gone home for 2 minutes.  It was so weird! I t was really good to see her

No comments:

Post a Comment