Monday, November 25, 2013

Key Indicators

Today’s email will be short.  This morning was hectic!   I haven’t eaten since seven this morning when I had two pancakes.  So, I’m starving.  It is hard to write on an empty stomach.

Big news!  We are no longer counting referrals as a key indicator.  This blew my mind.  It is good news.

Most of last week, I was gone on exchanges.  When I came back, all of our food was gone!  I felt grumpy but repent and got over it.   I am feeling exhausted.  All this work and we didn’t get to weekly planning.  Both my companion and I are unorganized.   Good thing Thanksgiving will give us some time.  We get to stay in all day except when we leave for an hour to go eat dinner with a family.  I hope everyone out there enjoys their Thanksgiving!

Speaking of holidays, I have good and bad news.  The good news is I get to Skype home for Christmas!  The bad news is that I am only allowed to Skype where my parents live. So this means I can’t talk to anyone else unless you are with Mom and Dad.  I have 30 to 40 minutes just like Mother’s Day.

We lost the key to our mailbox this last week.  Today when we saw the mailman, (we are friends with him) he said he was worried about us because we hadn’t collected our mail.  When we told him what happened, he expressed condolences and then proceeded to give Hermana Welch four letters and a package! What?  I guess I just kind of pushed it out of my mind that it’s a normal presents for Christmas.

Hermana Dayton and I took Christmas pictures this morning.  You will all be getting a Christmas card from us.

I had a dream last night that I was transferred.  The next transfers are 6 days before Christmas.  I would really rather not leave or have Hermana Dayton leave 6 days before Christmas.  Also, it is really cold here! We are talking 50s and I feel like I’m going to die.  I really feel for those of our family who live in Chicago and Boston.

This week my testimony of the Book of Mormon was strengthened.  That Book is THE BEST.  I love it.  I received a gift from an 11 year old friend this week.  It was a crazy colored stretch book cover that I put on my scriptures.  When I showed her I was using it, she was SOOOO happy.   She has one just like it and wanted to give me one too.  I love her!  

We had a really intense lesson with Anahi.  You could help me, her and others this Thanksgiving by praying for her and all my investigators.  Okay, now I have made your list really long, thank you.

Everyone enjoy the holiday weekend! I am grateful for all of you.  

Love, Hermana Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment