Monday, June 23, 2014

Good News

Last week was filled with exchanges. This week is filled with meetings!   This week is going to be good because, I get to see President and Sister Taylor one last time! Today we sent our last email to President Taylor.  That was sad.
Do you know what gumption means?  You should look it up.  It’s kind of cool.  Got gumption?

Yesterday was ward conference.  The choir asked my companion and me to sing with them.  For so many different reasons, it was possibly one of the best choir experiences of my life.  Oh how I love Solano.

Good news:  Martin has accepted a baptism date…for August 29th!  Why?  Because he is really not sure of anything and it is also the anniversary of his baptism into the Pentecostal Church.   I love him.  He is the best.
We had another crazy experience yesterday.  We were standing at the door through the first hour of church (Gospel Principles) waiting for Martin who woke up late and Alfredo who never came.  When I looked up, a different Martin walked in!  This Martin is the one I was teaching in Estrella.  He had disappeared.   That day he decided to take his friends invitation to come to church again.  I was in shock.  I felt so happy to see him at church.  We talked about his family and life.  It had been almost a full year since I had seen him.  So, we had two Martins at church.  Both were and are possibly the hardest people I have ever taught on my mission.


Alfredo, after the Father’s Day party just doesn't want to come to the Solano Ward.  He understands it’s not the people it’s the gospel.  Still, he is having a really hard time adjusting to the Solano after being part of the Estrella Ward, poor guy.   It’s rough.  But, Hermano Alarcon came with us to teach him the other night.  Wow, that was an experience.  That hermano was awesome!

My theme for this week is, “I don’t know what else to do so I’m just going to pray for these people.”

The reality of going home is starting to creep up.  There are moments, people, things that I have to leave that just break my heart.   I am so grateful that I feel this way.   I know I have loved.
Well, it’s going to be a crazy week.  But hopefully after this week the next two will be normal and slow.

Love ya,
Hermana Pickett


No comments:

Post a Comment