Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

First, I need to apologize. I totally forgot last Monday that Father's Day was yesterday.  So, happy Father's Day to Dad, Tim, and Christian!

Daisy and Ruben were baptized!  Daisy sang her own special musical number. Daisy, Ruben and the rest of her family were so happy!  I love that family!  The day of their baptism was also the same day we went to the temple.  We had to get up really early to go to the temple so it was a long day.  Both I and my companion were emotionally exhausted and grumpy.  (Repentance is real!)   

Our special zone conference was sad.  President and Sister Taylor had to say good bye to all of the missionaries.  It was amazing to be able to hug both of them!  The only other time that has happened was in the temple for Christmas. I love President and Sister Taylor.  I'm super excited that they live in Provo.

In following President Taylor request that we finish our exchanges before July, we had and will have a crazy couple of weeks.  I think I will try and attach a picture of our calendar we made for this transfer. It's filled up until July.  We don't have a single day that does not involve an exchange or a meeting except for Sundays.  Crazy!

This last week I went to Estrella. I was sad to miss the Solano Ward Father's Day party in my ward.  Estrella, however, was awesome!  I got to see almost all of the members.  When I left, they gave me a whole flan for myself.  The flan is coming to good use today.   Hermana Welch and I planned today's district activity!  We are so excited!  It is a Mexican fiesta. The only thing that is really Mexican is the food theme.  We are playing the whipped cream game, whipped cream covered face with Cheetos darts.  We will also do the Oreo game where a companion has to feed the other from behind their tied arms blindfolded. We are so excited.  Guess what we are serving for refreshments?  My flan!  Yeah!  It's going to be good.

Martin went to the Father's Day party at the Solano Ward that I missed.  Apparently, the music was so loud you couldn't hear even if you were yelling.  So basically the Elders and my companion told me he looked miserable. The poor guy is probably so confused.  Anyway, Martin took it like a champ. He came to the baptism on Saturday and church yesterday even though he told us he had other things he had to do. He is the coolest!

Oh, the common theme this week has been the Spirit.  I've studied and taught a lot of people about how important the Spirit is and how he is so completely intertwined with enduring to the end.  How powerful it is to realize that the worst consequence of sin is that the Spirit cannot be with you.  Life without the companionship of the Spirit is just... not the same.  I have seen the difference in members who live their life focused on their desire to have the companionship of the Spirit, their “upward relationship”.  By trial and error they learn to fix the feelings that come from sin by repenting.  On the other hand, there are members who focus more on the being seen as a good member in others eyes, their "sideways relationships".   Throughout life, we all fit into both categories.  In the first, we use the atonement to endure and hence receive the companionship of the Holy Ghost consistently.  In the latter, we do not and end up feeling bitter, confused, and full of regret.   So, if we all live our life searching to feel and follow the Spirit, we will be happier because our “upward relationship” is stronger and is our foundation.

Other than that, it's hot.  I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Pickett



No comments:

Post a Comment