Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Last Transfer!

I'm staying!!!  I will finish my mission in Solano with Hermana Welch!!!  I'm so excited that I don't have to leave for my last transfer.   It feels so good to know that I will be here till the end.  Hermana Welch is excited because it means she gets all the clothes I leave behind.  She is soooo excited about that.  Our district is awesome!  I loooove the Elders we work with in our ward.  They lighten the mood when things get rough.

Also... President Taylor called us this morning.  He has asked us to be Sister Training Leaders as well.  The miracle in this is... I get to go to transfers tomorrow!  I'm so excited to watch the slides and listen to the "Come Take Your Place" song one last time.   It's a big deal to me.  I love transfer meetings.  I've only missed two my whole mission.  This also means... exchanges again!

At zone meeting we were asked as a companionship to do a presentation on a self-worth graph we were taught in Specialized Sisters Training. We presented it and after talked through every member of our zone sharing with them a spiritual gift we had seen. It was a good experience. Missionaries can be really hard on themselves.  We have also been sharing spiritual gifts with members, investigators, and others.  It has led to some powerful experiences.  Last week, Sister Welch and I had run into a brick wall on how to help our area.  We pulled the car over and said a prayer.  Then, we changed our plans depending on the names that came to our mind. We first visited the house of a member of the ward mission presidency and sang a hymn.  We shared with him and his family their spiritual gifts.  It was a great experience.

We have been working with Karla’s family.  She, Andrew, Daisy, and Ruben are the best!  I love being in their home.  Karla has been Catholic, Jehovah Witness, and basically everything else.  Now, she has such a strong testimony. They had not been to church in a while but are so happy to be coming back. Daisy is almost nine and Ruben just turned eight, they will both be baptized next Saturday.  They are counting down the days.  Last night, we taught Daisy and Ruben about the Ten Commandments. Their mom wasn't home so we did it outside.  Ruben did come up with a zero commandment:  Don't punch people.  Then, we started practicing using our mouths as a water show.   I stink at it but have been working on it my whole mission.  It was a ton of fun but we ended with two soaking wet kids and I and Sister Welch running away to stay dry.  I love that family.

Well, what else can I say?  Oh Martin, I know he can do it. He understands his salvation is at stake. I swear I come out of every study or meeting with something for him. He’s still going to church.

Do you remember when I said that Hermana Dayton was teaching someone we both contacted in Agua Fria?  Well, he moved to our area.  Now I am teaching him and he wants to be baptized.  What!  Crazy! His name is Alfredo.  My mind was blown when I met him again.

This was my last transfer.  It's weird.  It's going to be really hard to leave this place behind, really, really hard.  I'm super sad I have to watch my mission president leave as well as all of the office staff!  I love them.  On the other hand, it is going to be nuts!  I can go to the temple finally!!!  When Hermana Welch and I became companions, her three months started right as mine ended.  Now that another three months have passed, we can go!  So, we are making a trip to the temple.   I am so excited!  Also, we will have a special good bye zone conference for President and Sister Taylor.  Then, there will be interviews with the new mission president, President and Sister Griffin.  There will also be a special Spanish training thing in there somewhere.  The whole transfer is going to be sooo good.

Well I love you all. I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment